Bridgetown Dental works with ALL insurances.
Our Goal is to make Dentistry affordable for everyone while providing the absolute highest quality care.
Dr. Ziad Kaady and all the staff at Bridgetown Dental deliver modern tooth colored fillings as opposed to older, unsafe mercury fillings. We believe in the long term health of our patients while also providing as close to “perfect” aesthetic effect.
As we will state several times Bridgetown works with all insurances, financial situations and schedules. You will know exactly the costs before any service.
Bridgetown dental is a mercury-free practice. However, many people have silver/mercury fillings in their mouths from previous dental treatments. These fillings are not particularly pleasing to the eye, and we know that by unavoidable design, silver/mercury fillings ultimately result in a weaker tooth structure. Silver fillings can be safely replaced with tooth-colored restorations that will be aesthetically pleasing and add strength to weakened teeth. We want you to have a beautiful smile where your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, and are stronger more protected!
The Basics About Silver Fillings Versus Tooth Colored Restorations:
- Silver fillings have many drawbacks. With age, the metal of a silver filling expands and contracts and can split. Also, the edges of the silver filling can wear down, become weak or break, allowing corrosion to begin again.
- Silver fillings contain 50% mercury. If they corrode or leak, they can cause stains on your teeth and gums.
- Tooth colored restorations are where resin onlays are bonded to the tooth, creating a tight, superior fit for the natural tooth.
- Such restorations can be used in instances where much of the tooth structure has been lost. The tooth remains intact and stronger.
- The resin used in tooth colored restorations contain fluoride and can help prevent decay. The resin wears like natural teeth and does not require placement at the gum line, which is healthier for your gums.
The Process of Replacing Silver Fillings with a Tooth Colored Restoration
You can have your silver fillings replaced with tooth-colored restorations or onlays. The tooth-colored restoration can be done in 1 visit and the onlay process requires two appointments.
- At your first appointment, the old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab where a resin designed to look like your natural tooth will be produced.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
- At your second appointment, the temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new, permanent onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.