Bridgetown Dental works with ALL insurances.
Our Goal is to make Dentistry affordable for everyone while providing the absolute highest quality care.
We want you to have the best dental health possible. We believe an important part of dentistry is making sure that you are happy with the way your teeth look and feel. Our goal is to help you maintain your natural teeth when possible, and help you achieve a natural appearance when more dentistry becomes necessary.
Dental crowns are an important technique Bridgetown Dental can use to help make your smile appear like new. In cases where damage to a tooth is extreme, or even when a tooth is missing, we can help you regain a complete smile and functional bite. A dental crown is a long-lasting solution for major dental problems, with crowns often lasting 20 to 30 years.
The Process of Dental Crowns:
- Crowns require at least two visits to our office for proper fitting.
- At the first visit, Dr. Kaady will remove decay, shape the tooth, and fit it with a temporary crown of either plastic or metal.
- At your second visit, we will remove the temporary crown, and then fit and adjust the final crown. When we have a great fit, we cement the crown into place and you can leave with a new beautiful looking tooth.
More to Consider About Dental Crowns:
- Crown are a very reliable solution for major dental problems caused by accidents, diseases or wear and tear.
- Material used in these repairs is either high-grade porcelain, or porcelain bonded to gold.
- Where accidental damage has occurred, resulting in lost teeth, or where teeth have broken away through excessive wear, or when old fillings fail, crowns can be used as a long-term solution.
- Many people have unexplained pain from back teeth that have been filled. This pain can be caused by hairline cracks in the chewing part of the tooth. Placing crowns on these teeth relieves the pain and allows a return of full dental function for these teeth.
- In front teeth, older fillings can both weaken the teeth and make staining or chipping appear more prominent. Crowns are also a good solution for this problem.
- Porcelain crowns can be suitable in cases where porcelain veneers are not.
- In teeth with root canal fillings, crowns can prevent breakage.